About the Book:
Every one of us has the capability to succeed. But what does it mean to be successful? What does success look like for you? And how is it achievable?
The Success Code is a practical guide that gives you the tools you need to identify your ambitions, prioritise your wellbeing, revolutionise your learning, and prepare for success.
Including the latest coaching, neuroscience and cognitive psychology on learning and success, from executive success coach and social scientist Amanda DeWinter, The Success Code empowers readers from every walk of life to set their own goals, invest time into shaping their future, and make their own success a priority. This is a game-changing book for anyone who wants to learn new skills and improve their performance.
Whether your dream is to land a new job, pass exams, head to university, or excel while heading in a new direction, this book will provide help you discover the code to your own success.
What I Learned:
I have not read any self – help books before, this one being the first I ever read was an informative read. This book is divided into four parts or steps and I am briefly going to say a few key points from them.
Step 1 – Find Your Ambition
- Think strategically.
- Prioritize success above everything else.
- Take the first step.
- Talent is not something we’re born with but it is rather something we cultivate throughout the years of hard work and practice.
- Have high expectations of yourself.
Step 2 – Supercharge your learning
- In this part the author told about why we should always keep learning and how we can improve our ways of learning.
- Practicing is very important.
- How to learn more efficiently (active learning).
Step 3 – Prioritize your well being
- Importance of forming a good habit.
- Maintaining stress.
- Maintaining a good relationship with our near and dear ones.
- Good sleep.
Step 4 – Strengthen Your Resolve
- Willpower is crucial for success
- Develop new healthy habits.
- Avoid multitasking.
- This book came to me when I was in a desperate need of inspiration and this book gave me that ray of inspiration.
- The writing is very approachable and fluid. I felt the sentences flowed very spontaneously and hence it was a fairly quick read.
- This book helped me to learn my shortcomings, pinpoint them, and amend them. This book made me realize how harshly I used to treat myself. I realized I needed to change that and I am more lenient to myself now after reading this book.
- This book is well researched and contains information from diverse sources.
Overall, this book was very informative and helpful to me and I believe it will be to other people as well. I enjoyed my time reading it and would highly recommend this book.
My rating : 5 out of 5 stars.